Software architecture of a typical platform:
Back end follows the microservice architecture.
There are two tiers of services:
- Core Services: required for participation in Shelf.Network;
- Auxiliary Services: other services used by a particular platform. Can be easily removed or replaced if needed.
API Gateway acts as a single point of entry for all clients.
- Apache Kafka
Distributed ledger acts as:
- Single source of truth for distributed auctions;
- Shared database of lots.
Shelf.Network utilizes a permissioned blockchain based on Stellar Consensus Protocol(SCP).
- Reasonable throughput and block finalization time;
- Supports a greater number of validator nodes than other permissioned blockchains.
Front end consists of 2 web applications:
platform-web-app: client facing application. Customized for each marketplace.
admin-panel: a dashboard for platform administrators. Standardized for all marketplaces.